[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 16:44:50 CET 2011

On 01/15/2011 10:38 AM, John Culleton wrote:

> Scribus does not have a handy facility for trim marks. TeX does. In my
> decade or more of typesetting novels and other books professionally
> (i.e. I charge money) I have only encountered two publishers that
> wanted camera ready hard copy. In one case years ago the publisher
> didn't know that their printer would rather work from a proper size
> pdf instead of camera ready copy.  I enlightened them.

As of 1.3.8/1.3.9 Scribus does indeed have a "handy facility" for crop
marks in the Pre-Press tab of PDF export. Not sure how it could be easier.

Otherwise, this is what Louis tells us as a commercial printer, that in
most cases he would rather not have crop marks in the PDF, but make them
himself.

Greg