[scribus] Error with pdftops

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Fri Jan 14 13:58:02 CET 2011

Hi All

I've just been finishing off my Monthly Journal produced in Scribus
1.3.9 and the last step is to reduce the PDF file size using 'pdftops'
and 'ps2pdf' as discussed before on this Forum. It has worked for the
past 2 or 3 months for me and I even went back and compressed all my
past issues for this year.

Today - using the same commands as before I get the following whole
string of errors...

small selection...

Error: Could not parse ligature component "gaf" of "arabic_gaf_bar" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "arabic" of "arabic_dot" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "dot" of "arabic_dot" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "arabic" of "arabic_2dots" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "2dots" of "arabic_2dots" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "arabic" of "arabic_3dots" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "3dots" of "arabic_3dots" in
parseCharName
Error: Could not parse ligature component "arabic" of "arabic_3dots_a"
in parseCharNam

Anyone got any idea what is going on please???

Thanks

Ian Whitfield.
Scribus 1.3.9 & Kubuntu 10.04