[scribus] Import pdf file (1.5.0)

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 23:40:33 CET 2011

On 01/11/2011 03:44 PM, John Culleton wrote:

> I erased the pdf import and instead created a full dimension graphic
> frame. I input the pdf into the frame. Now the text is a bit fuzzy and
> the bar code, which was a bit marginal before is now blurred enough to
> be unacceptable.

It might take some work, but when I was working on form I decided to
make a script for barcodes myself:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Generating_a_Code39_Barcode

The reason I did this was that I wasn't happy with the fuzzy PostScript
creation of the barcode generator, and I wanted a different appearance
to the numbers to be included under the code.

The method in my script could serve as a function in another script,
once you know the requirements of the kind of barcode you wish to make.
Barcodes are a sequence of wide and narrow lines, with wide and narrow
spaces, and there is ample documentation out there about the standards.

Greg