[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at net.sote.hu
Tue Jan 11 08:35:25 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 07:07 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:00:00 -0500
> John Culleton<john at wexfordpress.com>  dijo:
>
>> I have examples of TeX, OO Writer and Scribus text for a novel here:
>> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/compare.pdf
>> Unfortunately I don't have MSWord or InDesign so I can't add examples
>> for those products. But you can run up your own sample in MSWord and
>> compare it to the others.
>
> John,
>
> This is the second time I have been unable to get a PDF from your site.
> When I click on the link above Firefox pops up and tries to load the
> page, but it just says "done" and nothing happens. I suspect it has to
> do with the fact that I do not have Firefox set to open PDFs in the
> browser window. Instead, I use the browser window to download the PDF
> and open it in Adobe Reader. This is on Fedora 14 x86_64.
>
> I never have a problem getting PDFs from other web sites. What am I /
> are we doing wrong?

Hi,

you are a linux user right? So, if you have a problem, you can easily
help yourself and do a test using the command line:

1. make sure you have 'wget' installed (type 'yum install wget' as root
in a terminal window)
2. copy the URL of the pdf you want to download to the clipboard
3. open up a terminal window and type 'wget '
4. paste the URL, hit enter

But this is really, very offtopic here.

					Yours: Laszlo