[scribus] How to setup the impression of coloured paper

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 01:39:26 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 05:45 PM, Owen wrote:

>> I wish to create documents in Scribus not for a print target but for
>> PDF
>> (the end user can decide whether or not to print). For aesthetic
>> reasons
>> I want to give the impression that the document is 'printed' on
>> coloured
>> paper - something other than 'paper white'.
>>
>> I can used the 'display' tab in page setup but this only does what it
>> says: gives a coloured page on my display. Print preview and PDF
>> output
>> are still to paper white.
>>
>> I can set the background colour in a text frame OK - but that doesn't
>> address the colour in the margins.
>>
>> Is there a simple way to achieve my goal?
>

> Make a bottom layer an object the size of your document and fill it
> with the color you desire?

If you go to the online manual in Scribus, Documentation > Scribus
Basics > Quick Start Guide, you will get a step-by-step description on
doing what you want.

In your case, you might make a Master Page which has a frame the size of
the entire page (not just up to the margins), then change the background
color. Then you can simply apply this Master Page to your document.

The downside of you doing this is that if/when your user decides to
print this, his computer will print this background color. This is not
like a webpage that might only print the content.

Greg