[scribus] How to setup the impression of coloured paper

Tony Hamilton shaky.start at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 10 23:39:54 CET 2011

I wish to create documents in Scribus not for a print target but for PDF
(the end user can decide whether or not to print). For aesthetic reasons
I want to give the impression that the document is 'printed' on coloured
paper - something other than 'paper white'.

I can used the 'display' tab in page setup but this only does what it
says: gives a coloured page on my display. Print preview and PDF output
are still to paper white.

I can set the background colour in a text frame OK - but that doesn't
address the colour in the margins.

Is there a simple way to achieve my goal?

Thanks

Tony Hamilton