[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 10 23:32:53 CET 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:00:43 -0500
John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org> dijo:

>Check Tools->Downloads to see if it downloaded.  I downloaded it with
>no problems using Firefox.  You may not have Firefox set to
>automatically open a pdf file with Acrobat, so it did not display, but
>likely did download. --

Assuming the file name is compare.pdf, it is not on my computer.
Usually when I download something from a website Firefox pops up the
download dialog box, but it did not this time.

On any website I can always right click on the link to download and then
choose "Save As," but in the present case no web page appears so there
is no link to click on.

The strange thing is that it only happens with John's website, and this
is the second time. One of us is doing something odd and it would be
good to get to the bottom of it.