[scribus] Beyond 1.3.8 for OS X

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 10 12:05:31 CET 2011

On 10/01/11 12:00 , Martin Costabel wrote:
> On 10/01/11 11:51 , Louis Desjardins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I only wonder when 1.3.9 and the most recent 1.4.0 will be made available
>> for OS X.
>
> What? Did you really send this message today?
>
> 1.3.9 has been available for a long time (6 weeks), both in source form
> (and Fink package) and as a dmg
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.3.9/>
> As for 1.4.0, is it released yet?

I see now what you may mean: The sourceforge download page also carries
the line

   Looking for the latest version? Download Scribus_1.3.8.dmg (72.2 MB)

which is seriously out of date. But then, cruft tends to accumulate on
any web site. The page <http://scribus.sourceforge.net/> is much worse.
It talks about

   Scribus 1.3.3.11 (Stable) Release
   Scribus 1.3.4 (Devel) Release