[scribus] Using Scribus for novels and short stories

LORN MACINTYRE lorn.macintyre at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 6 15:38:14 CET 2011

Dear Jean-Louis,

Thanks for this advice about LaTex being preferable to Scribus for my purposes.
How does the transfer from Word XP work?
Do the files go straight into LaTex or via Open Office?
Will headers and footers (running titles and page numbers) be preserved?
What do I do about kerning?
Can I transfer pages into PDF format?
Where is the best place on the Web for a tutorial on LaTex?

Regards,
Lorn