[scribus] install failed ( Scribus 1.3.9, Mac OS X 10.4 / G4 )

Gunter Woysch Gunter.Woysch at gmx.de
Wed Jan 5 23:10:24 CET 2011

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:15:37 -0800
From: Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us>
Subject: Re: [scribus] install failed

On 01/05/2011 10:28 AM, Rob Oakes wrote:
> If that is not an option, and you require a longer support cycle, then don't buy a Mac.  It really is that simple.  There is a community expectation among Mac faithful that you pay Uncle Steve on a regular schedule.  If that doesn't sit well, then you can pay Uncle Bill.  If you can't stand either option, then use Linux.

There are other (and to my mind, better) reasons to go with Linux, but
this isn't the right place for that type of discussion.  And, I might
add, I personally use Fedora Linux which is on a 6 to 9 month release
cycle, with only the two most recent versions supported.  I doubt I'd be
as willing to do that if the upgrades weren't free.

> So, while it's not always helpful to request that people spend money to solve a problem, often there is no alternative.  Nor should it be taboo to suggest it...

Hello,

there are different reasons to use a working hardware, as long as it is working.

Scribus 1.3.9 may be installed successfully under Mac OS x 10.4 with a G4 processor.

Martin Costable pulled me through.

For the necessary procedure please read

  - scribus Digest, Vol 33, Issue 111
    Datum: Thu, 30. Dec 2010 10:57:48

  - Today's Topics:

    ..

    9. Scribus 1.3.9 - MacOS X, 10.4, G4 processor