[scribus] Text overflow

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jan 5 19:56:35 CET 2011

On 01/05/2011 10:27 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> 1) Look in the help for how to link frames.

I can well remember the "early days" in Scribus when you had to link
frames manually to get text to flow from one column to the next, or from
page to page.  Much simpler now.

I gather from what you write that with Scribus you can have an article
start on Page 1, "continued on Page 23."  I ask because a friend of mine
is looking for a DTP program that does what he wants and needs.  He's
been using Ventura Publisher for decades but eventually he'll run out of
old computers it will run on and, alas, he's been unable to find a more
modern program that does what he's become dependent on.  I gather, btw,
that there's a group of people out there who are all in the same boat,
so this might bring in a whole bunch of new Scribus users.