[scribus] install failed

Jouni Filip Maho jofimaho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:40:00 CET 2011

On 5 January 2011, at 09:24, a.l.e wrote:

> you may have missed the step where
>
> "Activate the unstable packages (fink commander > preferences > fink,
> Use unstable packages")."

I did at first, and it gave me an option to install version 1.2.5. I
did that and it took 15 minutes. After I realised I needed to tick
the "unstable" box, I re-installed. That's when I got the 1.3.3
version. This time it took almost 6 hours to install but at least it
worked.

> or you may be installing from binaries but should be compiling from
> source.

After I installed fink, I just wrote "fink install scribus" at the
terminal. If that means it installed from binaries or from source, I
have no idea. Either way, scribus is installed and works, which is my
main concern.

---
jofimaho