[scribus] Organizing the workspace display

Grzegorz Staniak gstaniak at wp.pl
Tue Jan 4 17:17:05 CET 2011

Dnia 4-01-2011 o godz. 16:01 keith bruner napisał(a):

> >> as an experienced user, i can tell you that having tooltips floating
> >> around for 5 seconds is a real inconvenience...
> >
> > I second this. Tooltips are a nuisance.  An information/alert panel easy
> > to switch on/off would be a much better solution for those who need
> > hints.
>
> Coming to Scribus from such programs as Word, tooltips shorten the
> learning curve and the frustration levels. And too;tips can be turned off
> by those who don't need them.
>
> But thats just mho as a noob.

I'm not a master Scribist (Scribe? Scribista?) myself, and I _sometimes_
need a hint. But if keep tooltips always on for this purpose, most of
the time they're just a distraction popping up and covering icons that
I'm looking at. I'd really prefer a separate panel that I could switch
on or off somewhere in the "View" menu.

GS
--
Grzegorz Staniak, gstaniak _at_ wp *dot* pl