[scribus] Center selected frame after zoom

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Jan 3 07:35:48 CET 2011

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 08:43:21 -0500
"Margaret and George McIntosh" <tenbear at myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> On 2 Jan 2011 at 11:20, a.l.e wrote:
>
> > hi,

> > frame
> > has
> > >

> > > I think that some kind of augmented centering would be useful.
> > >
> > > One might consider either having a menu item/keystroke to use to
> > > center a selected object, or perhaps just being able to grab the
> > page
> > > with the mouse and move it would not only be as good, but
> > perhaps
> > > even better.
> >
> > currently, working with
> >
> > - ctrl-mouse wheel to zoom
> > - mouse wheel for vertical scrolling
> > - shift-mouse wheel for horizontal scrolling (or horizontal
> > scrolling directly if you have a "good" mouse)
> >
> > works fairly good.
> >
> > but some shortcuts like the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in inkscape would be
> > welcome!
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
> >
> Thanks for your comments.
> I do most of my work on my laptop, no mouse, just a touchpad.

on most laptops you have a stripe on the right which is a scroll area.
most of the rest of the laptops let you scroll by moving two finger at a time on the touchpad.

> Shortcuts, menu item/keystroke or grabbing the page would work well.
> How about a hot key to center the selected frame?

as i said, a mechanism like the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in inkscape would be very welcome...

the question is: which ones are useful in DTP and which keybindings would be good for scribus?

ciao
a.l.e