[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 34, Issue 7

Calcyum contact at calcyum.org
Sun Jan 2 13:10:38 CET 2011

Le 02/01/2011 04:29, syamsul arifin a écrit :
> dear friends
>
> I am Ubuntu Users. I am using color profile ECI-RGB.V1.0.icc&
> Fogra27. Can I use these files on windows? What Is the different linux
> color profile between color profil? Please help me
Hello,

ECI profiles are made for european prepress devices. RGB profiles are
for screen calibration, CMYK profiles (FOGRA, SWOP, ECIoffset) enable
you to perform a good preview of the printed output.

Fogra27 is a good color profile, but can be replaced with fogra39, which
embedd an automatic limitation of ink coverage. fogra39 is a standard
included in ECI profile isocoatedv2 (eci-rgbv2 is also better than v1).
You can check eci.org for further information and to download good
european profiles.

If you want to install some ICC profiles on Windows, just follow this
path: c:\/windows/\
/System32/\/spool/\drivers\color\

Have fun.