[scribus] Scribus Forums are Open

Ron Carter rrcwlc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:56:17 CET 2011

Thank you for your interest and reponse.  I chose not to go into
detail until I was sure I was in the right stall.

Scribus 1.3.3.14,  Windows 7

The document in question is not a new one.  It was created months ago
and has been revised frequently since, most recently last night.  When
I select an existing text frame, I get a warning box that says [ Name
"Text161" isn't unique. Please choose another. ] *
It goes away if the OK is clicked, but always returns with ANY click,
no matter if on the Scribus window or on a Windows tool bar or task
bar or menu.  After a few clicks, it persists.  The only way I have
found to proceed is to use the Windows task manager to end Scribus.
I tried re-downloading Scribus. No change. So I no longer consider
that it's a bug.
I tried creating a new document with a few Text Frames and it gave the
same warning after working with them for a while.

* or whatever TextFrame is being accessed.

Thanks
Ron