[scribus] Scribus 1.4.0 svn.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 24 18:36:39 CET 2011

On Thursday 24 February 2011 12:09:41 Craig Bradney wrote:
> On 2/24/11 5:23 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> > Scribus 1.4.0rc1 is built for all kinds of configurations, but
> > doesn't seem available in a simple tarball. So I downloaded the
> > svn version instead.  It has a date of Feb  09 2011 on the
> > "About Scribus" help splash screen. Two questions:
> >
> > 1. Is this svn version newer or older than 1.4.0 rc1?
> >
> > 2. If it is older howinell do I get a tarball for compilation of
> > RC1?
> >
> > I use Slackware Linux version 13.0
>
> rc1 one is svn from feb 6/17.. The help about date was updated
> then.
>
> If you are building, why are you downloading tarballs and not just
> from svn?
>
> Craig

I am using the svn. There is no prepackaged download for a Slackware
system AFAIK.

Here is my script:
-------------------------
cd /usr/local/src/
svn co svn://scribus.net/Version135/trunk/Scribus s140
cd s140
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus4_svn
make
make install
cd scribus
ls -l scribus
rm /usr/local/bin/scrib4
ln scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib4
Are you telling me that the svn date for RC1 was Feb 6?  If so I am 3
days newer than RC1 which is fine by me. If it was Feb 17 then I am
behind and need to catch up.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: