[scribus] Using BBS instead

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Thu Feb 24 12:17:35 CET 2011

> back a solution if I've found it elsewhere). What sticks in my mind is the fact
> that some time later, I forget whether it was months or longer, I came across
> my post when searching for something related, and there was a reply. Clearly a
> decent forum would notify me of replies to my thread, which this one, for some
> reason, did not.

The point is that a forum is not something you join for a one time
question. Nor is a mailing list.

A forum, as well as a mailing list, is something you join to
participate in discussions.

Say that you instead had asked that question on a mailing list. For
how long would you have continued to receive mails from that list?

And most forums DO have e-mail notifications. But I hate them, because
if I you them I get like dozens of e-mail telling me there are new
posts in the forum.

For forums with very little activity I usually bookmark the "Search
for new posts since my last visit"-link.

/Peter