[scribus] Scribus svn versions for MSWin users.

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Feb 23 17:14:06 CET 2011

hi

> I am fortunate enough to have adopted Slackware Linux over a decade
> ago for my main operating system.  I keep both 1.4.0rc1 and 1.5.0
> versions up to date on my system via svn.
>
> When I discuss Scribus with MSWin users, for example in my e-book
> listed below, what do they need beyond the svn download to get
> Scribus svn versions up and running? I can guess PostScript and
> Cygwin, but what else?

a slackware install CD.

jokes aside. the svn versions are not really meant for day to day work.

you need visual studio 9 to compile it on windows.

but there are few chances that a windows user -- who uses scribus and is not ready to try linux -- will be happy when she has to compile it herself!

good luck.

a.l.e