[scribus] Using BBS instead

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:30:01 CET 2011

On 2/23/11, William F. Maddock wrote:

> With a forum, somebody has to own
> secure, and maintain a website (which is neither easy, nor free), and
> individual users do not have the democracy of moderating what gets into
> their access and what does not.

Having owned some forums for very nearly 5 years I have no foggiest
idea what you are talking about.

>  If you want into the forum you have to trust
> that someone serving as a moderator has at least minimally similar ideas
> with you as to what is allowable and/or appropriate (which always results in
> spats, bans, and other such unpleasantnesses).

There is this absolutely standard thing called Terms of Use that is
filled by a forum administrator. It lists things that are allowable
and things that are not allowable. When you register, you agree to
you, or you don't (and then you don't register).

So you never heard of bans in mailings lists, apparently. Would you
like to know more about it, with examples and background history? :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org