[scribus] Using BBS instead

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Feb 22 23:33:56 CET 2011

On Tuesday 22 February 2011 14:25:39 Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 11:16 AM, D. R. Evans wrote:
> > I cannot think of a single objective advantage that a forum
> > possesses over an e-mail reflector.
>
> I can: if/when there are threads that don't interest me I can
> simply ignore them and only look at posts that I either find
> interesting or that I think I can help with.  I don't have to go
> through my Inbox manually filtering out messages that I'm not
> interested in or delete them as they come up.

folders for my customers.

So I like mailing lists and I like forums (fora?). But I visit my
favorite mailing lists (this one, self-publishing, etc.) every day,
reading or at least passing over each post.  I don't object to a
forum. But I will ask most of my questions and answer what I can on
this mailing list, every day.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: