[scribus] Imposition

Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean teodomas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 14:43:08 CET 2011

try this, for some indefinitely time is no cost yethttp://www.imposeonline.com

From: a.l.e <ale.comp_06 la xox.ch>
Subject: Re: [scribus] Imposition
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 1:59 PM

i say hello to you anna
> Hi, I would like to get my typed diaries hand bound by a friend of mine.
> They are quite large, I would like to print them to A5, and they will need
> to be clusters into groups of X pages, so the whole doc is printed like a
> stack of leaflets. I know there are a few proprietary software's that do
> this, or varying expense. Cheep kit like click-book are around, but I would
> like to use something on the GPL or similar.
>
> I found this http://sourceforge.net/projects/gsoc-impos/
>
> but its the only lead I have had so far. Does scribus do this? I would
> really appreciate some help with this : )
>
> please note, I am a BEGINNER when it comes to tech talk, no shell or bash or
> jargon if possible. I am in ubuntu 10.10 and 10.4

no, scribus does not do imposition.

here some tools that you could you to impose a pdf created by scribus:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Imposition_tools

there are workarounds to do it with scribus, but i would not suggest you
to go that way if you have more than 16 pages to print.

have fun
a.l.e