[scribus] Using BBS instead

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 22 13:44:50 CET 2011

me too :-)

On 2/22/11 1:04 PM, Stephen Carboni wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Instead of using a mailing list for scribus support, how about we use
> a forum/BBS?
>
> I find the mailing list to archaic and clunky.
>
> Forums are much easier to use for the end user who has problems they
> want to resolve.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Steve.

i'm aware of the fact that many people prefer asking questions in a
forum, but i'd like to read from a forum-power-user what would are the
good reasons to switch to a forum.

- what is archaic in here?
- what is clunky?

on the other side:
- how can you make sure that good answers get in?
- who filters out the trash?

finally, there are two ongoing projects to create a forum-like interface
to this mailing list...
maybe, we will have a solution for everybody soon...

personally, i've rather made bad experiences with forums... but it may
be just me!

ciao
a.l.e