[scribus] Open type or true type font

Meho R. mehor at gmx.com
Mon Feb 21 18:42:27 CET 2011

On 21.02.2011 17:12, Dean Roulston wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to contact with my query, but hopefully someone out there can help.
>
> I am currently running Scribus 1.3.8 on Windows.
>
> I've read that in Sribus, open type fonts as opposed to true type fonts will export as vectors, not font files.  Would anyone be able to tell me if fonts Calibri and Cambria are open type or true type?
>
> Many thanks
> Dean

You can tell which font is OpenType or TrueType by simply taking a look
at the icons in front of fonts in Scribus's "Properties" palette. In
drop-down list of fonts you'll notice "OTF" icon for OpenType fonts,
"TTF" icon for TrueType fonts and "1PS" icon for PostScript Type 1 fonts.

Also, you can embed any OpenType font into your document by unchecking
"Subset" checkbox for that particular font in "File > Preferences >
Fonts". After that, you can choose to embed OTF fonts when creating a
PDF file instead of to create outlines. I hope some of devs would
explain why this isn't set as default, since it is very likely that most
people would want to embed their fonts, not outline them.