[scribus] 1.4.0 RC1

O. Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Sat Feb 19 16:23:02 CET 2011

* John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org> [2011-02-18 12:11:41 -0500]:

> John,
>
> I am running 10.04 Maverick and got the notice of RC1, also.  However,  when
> I try to upgrade, I am told it is coming from a server that does not support
> changelogs.  How were you able to get the upgrade?  Maybe you have a
> different line in the Update Manager -> Settings -> Other Software dialog
> than I do.
>
> Mine (which has worked until now) is:
>
>      http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ maverick main
>
> Have you the same or different?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
> Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
> Walkertown, NC  USA
> editor at sera.org

John,

A few days ago I updated the article you should consult when you have any
questions about installing Scribus on your Debian/Ubuntu system -
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Ubuntu to address just that issue. Short
version is - I have a scribus-archive-keyring package in our repositories on
debian.scribus.net and debian.tagancha.org now. You just need to install that
package disregarding the "untrusted source" warning. Afterwards, you system
will have our archive key and will be able to check package signatures
properly. This is about the only way to get fresh packages on Ubuntu as
no Ubuntu release older then Natty will have them, though I collaborated with
the Ubuntu folks to set up daily 1.5.0svn builds in their ppa.

Cheers,

Alex

Your friendly Debian/Ubuntu scribus packager