[scribus] 1.4.0 RC1

Peter Linnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Sat Feb 19 14:51:18 CET 2011

On 02/19/2011 06:09 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:05:03 -0800
> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:35:56 -0800
>> John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:
>>
>>> My main computer is my laptop, which has Fedora 14, x86_64. From past
>>> experience Fedora leaves the latest versions of Scribus in testing for
>>> weeks sometimes. There is a command line way to enable the testing
>>> repo for just one installation, but I can't remember the syntax. It's
>>> "yum install <testing-something> scribus," or something like that.
>>
>> I finally found it. The syntax is "yum --enablerepo=updates-testing
>> install scribus." But apparently 1.4.0 RC1 isn't in updates-testing
>> yet:
>>
>> # yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install scribus
>> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
>> updates-testing/metalink
>> |  15 kB     00:00
>> updates-testing
>> | 4.7 kB     00:00
>> updates-testing/primary_db
>> | 881 kB     00:01 Setting up Install Process Package
>> scribus-1.3.9-1.fc14.x86_64 already installed and latest version
>> Nothing to do
>>
>> I'd like to test the FontSample script with 1.4.0 RC1 on Fedora 14 to
>> see if it acts the same as it does on Ubuntu. Otherwise, I'm in no
>> hurry.
>
> I just verified that 1.4.0 RC1 is not yet in Fedora updates-testing.
> Has it not been sent to them yet? Or have the fine folks at Fedora lost
> the file?

Hi,

You could use my Fedora 14 rpms:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_14/x86_64/

The only thing to pay attention to is you may also need to install
libpodofo and podofo, as well.

Please report back here if you have issues with the package.

I have for a long time packaged rpms for each release for the latest
Fedora and Mandriva releases, as well as all supported versions of
openSUSE and Suse Enterprise Linux

 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/

Cheers,

Peter