[scribus] Images

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 17 17:04:20 CET 2011

On Thursday 17 February 2011 05:29:02 Ondřej Němeček wrote:
> Dne 16.2.2011 11:48, a.l.e napsal(a):
> > hi ondřej,
> >
>  > (...)
> >
> > and since most people are not aware of how badly development
> > versions of scribus can break (if even if most of the time work
> > almost perfectly), we should be very careful when suggesting that
> > a feature is in the development branch!
> >
> > ciao
> > a.l.e
>
> It's true, I should warn user against careless use of development
> version.
Technically 1.3.9 and 1.4.0 are still in development. Yet most
experienced users abandoned 1.3.3.14, the last "stable" version, long
ago.

I use 1.5.0 not through choice but through necessity. It is the only
version that will produce PDF X/1-a:2001 files.  I am grateful that
someone stuck that pdf format in for 1.5.0. It will be six month to a
year I estimate before that pdf format is available in a "stable"
version of Scribus.

I look forward to the official release of 1.4.0. Then we can reverently
lay 1.3.3.14 to rest, and allow newbies to enjoy the features
introduced in more recent versions.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: