[scribus] Images

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Feb 16 11:48:13 CET 2011

hi ondřej,

> >> Image embedding is only available in development
> >> version of Scribus (1.5.svn).
> >>
> > No, it is not.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Yes, it is available - test yourself:
>
> - use scribus 1.5.0.svn
> - create image frame
> - put some image into it and right click on frame
> - you should see here "embedd image" item!
>
> So it is.

yes, it's there... but you'd better not use it in your normal workflow.

afaik, it was needed to simplify the import of svg files with bitmap patterns or embedded bitmaps...

as peter (and i...) wrote: you'd better not use it, even if word does it that way by default!

and, yes, there are cases where it's practical, but sharing files with other people should not be one of those.
(and, yes, scribus should better support shared projects! *this* could imo be a good GSOC project...)

and since most people are not aware of how badly development versions of scribus can break (if even if most of the time work almost perfectly), we should be very careful when suggesting that a feature is in the development branch!

ciao
a.l.e