[scribus] Images

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 19:18:38 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:57:44 -0800 (PST)
B Hirsekorn <tggrtime at yahoo.ca> dijo:

>Is there a way to 'imbed' images in a
>document rather than 'link' them?

As far as I know, there is no way, except for some vector graphics.

>I have a number of screen clips to add to a Scribus document and
>prefer they be part of the document rather than linked. This is a
>document to be passed to other people so having multiple images in a
>directory is cumbersome. Betty

Export to PDF is the way you are usually expected to do this.

If they need to edit the files, then they will probably need to have
Scribus. And if they have Scribus, they will understand how to handle
the linked images. Also, if they need to edit them (and you need to send
them the .sla file) then you should use Collect for Output, which will
collect everything and put it in a tidy folder that you can just zip or
tar.

If you are sending your native .sla files to someone be sure you are
using the same release of Scribus. Older versions cannot open files
from newer versions, and newer versions may auto-save the file using the
new format.