[scribus] GSoC2011

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Feb 13 19:35:30 CET 2011

On Sunday 13 February 2011 03:25:05 a.l.e wrote:
> hi john jason,
>
> > >There is a LaTeX exit and LaTeX has table creation tools. I will
> > >experiment a bit.
> >
> > I realized several months ago that tables could be created in a
> > render frame with LaTeX, and I started to try to learn enough
> > LaTeX to be able to do tables that way. But then I discovered
> > that render frames are rendered as raster images and I lost
> > interest.
>
> render frames can be rendered as vectors... there's a checkbox for
> it in the pdf export dialog.
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

Aand I would remind all and sundry that LaTeX is not the beginning and
likely not the end game for TeX. When time permits I will describe
table layout in the original Plain TeX, in TeXsis, and in Context
(several versions available.) I use the TeXsis flavor because it is
pretty simple.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: