[scribus] GSoC2011

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 01:12:43 CET 2011

On 02/12/2011 09:31 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Searching for "OIF," Google returned Ocean Iron Fertilization and
> several others. The only one that sounded likely for Scribus was
> Optimist International Foundation. I suppose I'm supposed to know what
> it stands for, but I don't.

This will be the question for a Scribus trivia question.

Here is the organization that our OIF relates to:

Organisation internationale de la Francophonie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_internationale_de_la_Francophonie

This organization has been paying for some updates in Scribus, currently
being played out in the ScribusOIF version you can get from svn. See the
Scribus Times and Gazette for the specific link to use with subversion.

This is based on 1.5.0, and currently remains only partially functional.
Eventually the plan is for these new features (like more international
possibilities with text for non-Latin languages) to be folded back into
Scribus.

Greg