[scribus] Get Text - linking and multiple pages

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Feb 7 18:06:29 CET 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011 14:42:20 J wrote:
> Hello.  I'm new to Scribus.  I was very excited to hear this
> program might be able to aid me in formatting a novel.
>
> So far, I'm BOGGLED!
>
> I have an OpenOffice document of about 90 + pages to place into
> Scribus for testing.  I HAND LINKED all my copied pages because I
> couldn't find the settings to AUTO LINK text boxes.
>
> After I successfully linked my pages, I GOT my ODT file, which
> continues to crash Scribus.  I haven't as yet tried breaking my ODT
> file up into smaller files because having to do that each time I
> want to see how it imports would be a pain.
>
> Any suggestions?  :-D
>
> Jamison

Today's Scribus is not optimal for novels.  I would look into Lyx (a
front end for LaTeX) first. I typeset novels using pdftex because the
relatively simple format of a novel does not require WYSIWYG
capability. Scribus comes into its own for shorter but more complex
layout tasks, like book covers, newsletters and so on.

Today most longer books laid out in Scribus are put together in
segments. The Scribus Manual itself was put together that way. But I
have laid out many novels in pdftex using a single file.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: