[scribus] Get Text - Linking Multiple Pages

J dahstra at netzero.com
Mon Feb 7 15:25:57 CET 2011

John:  Thanks for replying!  I'll look again for the check box.  I'm using Scribus 1.3.9 on Windows 7.  I was able to import only 11 pages at a time before the program hangs.

Joe:  Sorry, you are correct I should have given a better description.  At this point I have a Novelette of about 25,000 words.  I'm new to writing, so the terms will take me some time.  I can import about 3000 words before version 1.3.9 hangs.  I haven't used 1.3.5 yet.

Thanks again for your prompt responses!

------------------------------

From: John Jason Jordan
Subject: Re: [scribus] Get Text - linking and multiple pages
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:42:20 GMT

When you create a new document there is a checkbox on the new document
dialog window to set Automatic Text Frames (or something like that).
This will create a document of as many pages as you specify (in the same
dialog box), and each page will have a frame and they will all be
linked.

Which version of Scribus and which operating system?

And welcome to Scribus!

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 19:00:59 -0800
From: Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us>

This is a tad off-topic here, but it might be of general help to you in
the future.  In the US, at least, writers don't talk about page count,
they talk about word count.  Why?  Well, there are so many things that
can change the page count such as margins, font, point size and so on,
but none of them change the word count.  If you want to look at all
professional, get in the habit of talking about word count.  BTW, just
out of curiosity (as a fellow writer) what is your word count?  90 pages
sounds a tad short for a novel.