[scribus] Get Text - linking and multiple pages

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 7 03:46:03 CET 2011

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 19:42:20 GMT
"J" <dahstra at netzero.com> dijo:

>Hello.  I'm new to Scribus.  I was very excited to hear this program
>might be able to aid me in formatting a novel.
>
>So far, I'm BOGGLED!
>
>I have an OpenOffice document of about 90 + pages to place into
>Scribus for testing.  I HAND LINKED all my copied pages because I
>couldn't find the settings to AUTO LINK text boxes.

When you create a new document there is a checkbox on the new document
dialog window to set Automatic Text Frames (or something like that).
This will create a document of as many pages as you specify (in the same
dialog box), and each page will have a frame and they will all be
linked.

>After I successfully linked my pages, I GOT my ODT file, which
>continues to crash Scribus.  I haven't as yet tried breaking my ODT
>file up into smaller files because having to do that each time I want
>to see how it imports would be a pain.

Which version of Scribus and which operating system?

And welcome to Scribus!