[scribus] Master pages

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 18:32:58 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 11:44 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I would prefer that we add the ability to edit master page items while
> on a document page, but there are lots of other things that are more
> urgent. That is, unless it's fairly trivial to change the relevant
> code. In the meantime, considering how often the question comes up, I
> think it's a documentation problem.

I think this just illustrates the difficulty in deciding what to do. I
can imagine an individual ability to make an item on an MP as
invisible-nonprinting, but if someone wants to edit the MP in some other
way, while it might act like there are superficial edits, it really
should be cloning or creating a new variant of the original that shows
up when to edit MPs. Otherwise, as Louis says, you run the risk in a
large document of people thinking they have something that they don't.
Needing to proofread a long document for tiny variations is not a good
choice. It also adds to the development overhead by then creating a need
for some automated way of scanning/tracking these per-page edits.

Greg