[scribus] OO styles (from ODT) once again

Ralf-Diether Ebel Ralf-Diether.Ebel at gmx.de
Wed Feb 2 14:54:11 CET 2011

Hello!
I have recently made a book (300+ pg) this way and even if you
carefully only use just a few styles, you will end up with about 10-20
styles in Scribus. (1.3.9 on linux) But the bold and italics were
imported correctly.
May way to go on was to create a char-styles for bold/italics and then
after the import with an xml-Editor in the sla-File find and replace
the direct formating with the char-style.
After that you through the text on the canvas an change in every
paragraph the par-style to the desired.
If you use another color (temporarly) for the "right" styles it is
easier to see.
I guess with the import from OO follow many (hidden?) styles which you
don't see in Openoffice during edit (when switched to "Show only used
styles"), thats maybe hard to fix
But what would be really helpfull if you can delete direct formatting
execpt..... and this has to be selectable. Maybe there could even
exist a "table" which direct formating should become which char-style.
Greetings
Ralf