[scribus] Bleed.

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Feb 1 17:26:40 CET 2011

> I use Scribus 1.3.8 (on Windows) and am not convinced bleeds are
> correctly done. I did a test and there was a duplicated region in the
> middle of a full page spread illustration. I showed it to a printer and
> he said it would be OK, but I still felt unconvinced. It might work if
> the book was printed with 'perfect binding' - the duplicated region
> would be hidden - but the book I want printed would be stitched/stapled,
> so the duplicated region would show.

Corrent bleed is added on all four sides of the page, and then the
imposition tool takes care of the cropping that is needed on the
inside.

If the imposition is done with compensation for creep, part of the
duplicated region might show on the printed sheet, but will be mostly
hidden by the binding.

/Peter