[scribus] Bleed.

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 13:37:42 CET 2011

On 1/30/2011 4:00 PM, kerpsa wrote:

> I'm going to show an example to the printer and see if it's right,
> though it doesn't seem so to me.
>
> Hey,
> I've been thinking about bleeds in Scribus lately and would be very
> interested to hear how this thing worked out?

I'm also interested in how it works out!

I use Scribus 1.3.8 (on Windows) and am not convinced bleeds are
correctly done. I did a test and there was a duplicated region in the
middle of a full page spread illustration. I showed it to a printer and
he said it would be OK, but I still felt unconvinced. It might work if
the book was printed with 'perfect binding' - the duplicated region
would be hidden - but the book I want printed would be stitched/stapled,
so the duplicated region would show.

Jim