[scribus] Initial ruins lines (1.3.3)

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Dec 21 07:51:53 UTC 2011

Am 20.12.2011 21:15, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> On 12/20/2011 10:18 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>> Just stumbled over this: When I determine an initial of two lines for
>> the first paragraph, the initial will keep the first two lines slightly
>> lower so that all subsequent lines are no longer at one height with the
>> lines in the next column.
>>
>> Is there a decent way to solve this? All I found are invisible text
>> boxes above the two columns keeping them down at different heights. Not
>> very elegant though
>>

> Hi Rolf,
>
> If I understand what you're saying, this would be a reason to use align
> to baseline grid to align the body text of various frames. You may find
> you need to slightly adjust the Y Pos of the frame with the initial to
> get this spaced right.
>
> Greg

Yes Greg,

that's exactly what I meant: You will have to adjust the frame
containing the initial or do other tricks to compensate.

Now this is maybe a question to the layout experts here: This could be a
feature, maybe it just looks better if arranged this way? But shouldn't
the user be able to choose?

Rolf