[scribus] How to print guides, empty image frames and other internal indications ?

john Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Aug 30 21:13:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:18:24 +0200
Frederic Schutz <schutz at mathgen.ch> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently designing a page layout with Scribus, having to decide
> how to arrange my elements, etc.
>
> I'd like to print the page as I see it within Scribus (so that I can
> print it in A3, discuss and annotate it), that is, including the
> guides and the frames (even though they may be empty for now).
>
> I did not find any way of doing this; did I just miss it or is it
> difficult/impossible ?
>
> Thank you in advance !
>
> Frédéric

I also use Linux, specifically Salix, a variant of Slackware. That
version like all Slackware versions comes with the Ksnapshot program
which allows you to take a picture of e.g., a Scribus window. You
could take that snapshot and print it via some program like Gimp. I
like to take my snapshots in png format.

Don't know what is the equivalent of Ksnapshot on a Gnome based release
but I suspect there is one.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press