[scribus] LSI book cover builder program on Sourceforge

Fred Zimmerman wfz at nimblebooks.com
Tue Aug 30 12:57:36 UTC 2011

Right. People who want to design without the templates certainly have that
option, or they could  buy his ebook on Scribus production and use his
spine-calculating tool, or they could engage the services of John or a
thousand other excellent book cover designers.  This is just an option.

The program cues off the templates because 1) that is what Lightning
Source's formal written instructions tell users to do 2) the templates have
LSI bar codes used for LSI's internal tracking purposes.
 It's recognized that this is fragile because LSI might change their
templates, but, if they change their templates, that probably means that
they are also (slightly) changing the underlying spine, etc. calculations,
so either way the program logic would have to be adapted.