[scribus] LSI book cover builder program on Sourceforge

Fred Zimmerman wfz at nimblebooks.com
Mon Aug 29 21:41:49 UTC 2011

In the open source spirit of "release early, release often" I have just
created a Sourceforge site for my program that builds a book cover from a
Lightning Source Inc. template.

For those who do not know LSI is the single largest print on demand printer
and distributor, prints tens of millions of books every year, and has
thousands and thousands of customers everywhere of every size. So this
script, which builds an LSI-compliant cover programatically from an
LSI-provided template,,could be quite useful to many people someday.

I am no programming whiz so it would be great if others want to get
involved.  The site is at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsicoverbuilder<https://sourceforge.net/p/lsicoverbuilder/code/ref/master~/>

The first release (which is only sort of working) is at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lsicoverbuilder/files/

There is a roadmap of sorts in the form of the Ticket queue:

https://sourceforge.net/p/lsicoverbuilder/tickets/

Let me know if this is of interest.

Fred