[scribus] Resizing the styles window on Scribus 1.4.0rc5 on WinXP SP3

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Aug 27 19:00:59 UTC 2011

hi jean,

> I don't recall how it was with previous versions. But now I have the
> latest version installed and the styles window comes as too large. If
> my memory serves me well, about half a year earlier I had a problem
> with the Properties window as being too smal. And I was told that the
> window could in fact be resized only that there was no change in
> cursor.
>
> Now I come back to you and ask what I can do about the styles window.
> When only browsing styles it is good enough. But once I ask for more
> (to edit the styles) everything becomes too large for my screen. I
> see that for a normal (standard?) 1024x768 pixel screen the window is
> not too large even with the space lost to the task bar, but on a
> netbook which sports only 1024x600, even without the task bar the
> styles are too large. And I could not resize it as with the
> properties window.
>
> What can I do about this issue?

not much for now...

but using a window manager which can resize the dialog could be helpful (the one i use can do it).

some other window managers will allow you to move the dialog and see the parts which are hidden (ms windows can, the one of mine can't).

well, there is something you could do: create a mockup of the dialog, where you resize some of the sections of the dialog, in order to reduce the minimal height (if possible without making the dialog wider).

ciao
a.l.e