[scribus] viewing object names?

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Sat Aug 27 18:19:55 UTC 2011

On Aug 27, 2011, at 8:44 AM, Fred Zimmerman wrote:

> is there a way to view object names as hovertips or whatever? I am finding
> it tedious to select, rightclick, view properties when I want to find out a
> bunch of object names.

I use the Outline palette, available under the Windows menu.  You get to see the names of all the objects on all the pages and in all the groups, in a tree structure.  You can also rename objects in the Outline palette, and see their level relationships, which is helpful when changing an object's level on a page.  (A bug however prevents some objects from moving one level at a time, either through menu command or keyboard shortcut.  Move to Top and Move to Bottom work, but Move Up and Move Down don't always work.)

Mike