[scribus] crash reports

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 24 18:42:08 UTC 2011

hi fred,

> I get occasional crashes with Exception: Access Error but do not know
> how to report them, as I usually don't remember exactly what I was
> doing. Is there an error log that I can upload to Mantis?

if you can run scribus in a debugger (like gdb) and produce a backtrace there are good chances that the bug can be fixed (most of all if you can mention what you were doing just before the bug occured).

this is easy to do on linux:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/How_to_debug_for_reporting

no idea if the windows how-to mentioned on that page is easy to follow.

on os x, i think that the backtrace the system "automatically" offers can also be very useful...

ciao
a.l.e