[scribus] colors

john Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Aug 24 13:00:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:20:16 +0200
Theo <theopcles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>   how can i change  CMYK colors  to pantone ( PMS) or can I anywhere
> find  a (convert)table?
>   I know that colouring is a difficult issue or discussion
>

> And where can I download a color list or  colorbiblio  into scribus
> 1,4 thank you

With no document active you can click on Edit, then Colors and select
Scribus Open Office CMYK from the drop down list near the right bottom
of the window that appears. This is described in the Manual and in my
e-book listed below.

The same Colors window can be used to create your own colors.

Pantone colors are copyrighted and you would need to have the
(expensive) Pantone CMYK cross reference guide from that vendor.
In Scribus you would not get the exact Pantone colors but rather a CMYK
or RGB approximation. This is covered in detail in The Scribus Manual
on pages 252 and following. Illustrator has a more sophisticated
method, and a built-in Pantone reference, but we are talking Scribus
here.

It is difficult to use Scribus without the Manual.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press