[scribus] Any way to import text with formatting

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Aug 24 01:19:12 UTC 2011

Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> My Word document is heavily formatted with bold words, font&  size
> changes, etc. Right now, I am converting each chapter to .txt,
> importing into Scribus, then comparing the docs side by side to
> reapply the formatting.
>
> This is quite tedious and I'm wondering if there's some way it could
> be easier.

I just made an OpenDocument text in an older version of OpenOffice and
set some words to bold, bold+italic, and underlined.  Then I started
Scribus and began a new document with a text area.

I right-clicked on the text area in Scribus and used "Get Text..." to
import my ODT document directly into that text area.  I accepted the
defaults to import all of the style information present in the ODT
document.  The text came across perfectly preserving the bold,
bold+italic, and underlined words.  I believe it also preserved my font
choice as well.

I'm sure my document wasn't as long as yours and my document was far
simpler, but I'd try doing this as a first step rather than lots of
tedious hand editing.

Good luck!