[scribus] putting the book together

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 00:41:01 UTC 2011

On 08/20/2011 04:47 PM, Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> I have done the layout on the first chapter of my book, and did it
> using automatic text frames. Now that I have that one laid out, I'm
> ready to do the rest, and I want to import the rest of it as automatic
> text frames as well. However, it seems this is only an option when
> creating a new document.
>
> So, should I start a new document and then somehow paste it into the
> existing one? I'd prefer the entire book to be in one file for easier
> downloading.

If you add pages to a document full of automatic frames, the newly added
pages will be linked. If you wish, you can then break the link where the
new chapter begins, and the remaining frames will still be linked.

One thing I note is that there is something wrong with the display of
showing links when you do this, but nonetheless the proper linkage does
exists.

Greg