[scribus] Lack of Style Overrides

john at wexfordpress.com john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Aug 18 21:39:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:13:24 +0200
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hi john,
>

> > I define space before or after a paragraph by inserting a blank
> > paragraph.  Right indent on a single line can be added with spaces.
> >
> > I would do a hanging indent by defining a one-line text frame
> > slightly offset and on top of the existing frame and filling it
> > with text. In fact the one line frame could be linked to the under
> > frame.
> >
> > Indents can be handled simply by moving the margins of the current
> > frame.
> >
> > and so on.
> >

> when you're sarcastic you should put a ":-)" in your mails!
>
> otherwise, people may think that you're seriously suggesting to use
> scissors and glue to apply hanging indents in a post-production
> step...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
>               http://www.doteasy.com

Consider the original post. He was not complaining about using Styles
in repetitive situations. He was objecting to creating a style for a
single occurrence. One may question whether or no a single hanging
indent would ever be applied in a document, but given that case scissors
and glue would be the quickest way home.

Best wishes,

---
John Culleton
Wexfordpress