[scribus] Text flows around frame problem

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 18 06:45:08 UTC 2011

hi

> >> but I cannot get the text flow around picture frame. There is no
> >> effect no matter which selection I choose.
> You don't really need another layer, just that the image frame must
> be on a level higher than the text frame.

so, the "correct" workflow is:

- create a text frame
- create an image frame
- make sure that the image frame is selected
- activate the properties palette (windows > properties)
- go to the shape tab of the PP
- in "text flow around frame" choose something else than disabled
  ("use frame shape" is a good start).

if you already have both the text and image frame:

- select the image frame
- activate the properties palette (windows > properties)
- make sure that the image is on top of the text frame.
  eventually, go to the "xyz" tab and move it to the top with the green arrow
- go to the shape tab of the PP
- in "text flow around frame" choose something else than disabled
  ("use frame shape" is a good start).

ciao
a.l.e